I gathered our office together this week for a “New Plan for the New Year” brainstorming session. Lindsay, my way-too-comfortable office manager, started the discussion with: “let’s use the old plan, but this time actually stick to it.”
It was a really short meeting.
Lindsay was completely right (as well as completely annoying). I’d spent a lot of time putting together 3D imaging systems and plans… and not a lot of time implementing them and keeping them in place. Ditto for my plans on exercise, dieting, and helping with laundry. My only resolution for 2012 is to post and re-read and re-re-commit to my resolutions of 2011 (and 2006-2010, minus that resolution to become a competitive hotdog eater).
After some thought and less than a week of reading the 2012 news, I did add a few more do’s and dont’s to my resolution list:
- Do Occupy something before the movement has moved on (I missed the 60′s)
- Don’t shank an easy Bowl game-winning field goal (or two in Stanford’s case)
- Do work hard for every vote (they count in Iowa, not so much in Russia)
- Don’t carry a loaded gun through airport security
- Do expand Reveal to three or four locations (had to slip some work CBCT in here)
- Don’t marry a Kardashian (especially the skinny one)
- Do treat 2012 like it’ll be the best year in your life (just in case the Mayans were right)
Happy 2012! I hope your resolutions get more attention than dust!
Marshall & The Reveal Diagnostics Team